Road Safety Week 2023
As part of Road Safety Week (19 to 25 November), the University’s Security team will team up with Thames Valley Police, Oxfordshire County Council, the Fire and Rescue service, and our Student Community Wardens to run a road safety event.
This will take place on Monday 20 November between 5.00pm and 7.00pm on the Piazza outside the John Henry Brookes Building on our Headington Campus. The event will raise awareness of how to keep safe on roads while out and about. Whether you walk, drive, cycle or ride an e-scooter they will be there to:
- talk about keeping safe, dos and don’ts, and what is legal and illegal as well as possible penalties
- hand out leaflets providing safety advice
- give out free temporary bike lights, reflective straps, and cycle saddle covers.
They will be speaking to people cycling with no lights as well as talking to drivers who may have issues with their vehicles, such as lights not working properly, to alert them and talk through next steps.
During Road Safety Week, there will also be a chance to learn more about keeping yourself and your bike safe. This includes opportunities to:
- get your bike property marked and registered to deter thieves and help return your bike if it gets stolen
- receive free temporary bike lights, reflective straps, and cycle saddle covers
- purchase a discounted D lock.
These activities will be taking place on:
- 20 November 2023, 10.00am to 1.00pm by the front entrance to the Marston Road site
- 22 November 2023, 10.ooam to 1.00pm near to the site entrance to the Harcourt Hill Campus
- 23 November 2023, 10.00am to 1.00pm near the reception area at Clive Booth Student Village.
Discover the range of local and national transport offers available to you on the Student Travel Offers webpage.