Join your fellow research students and present your research on the next Annual Research Student Exhibition, to be held on Tuesday 30 April 2024.
Graduate college annual research student exhibition
Compete with your fellow research students for a chance to win a range of cash prizes and have an opportunity to showcase your work to the wider University and external visitors.
All research students, at master's and doctoral level, are invited to submit and showcase their work at the Graduate College Research Student Exhibition. We have hired out the carpeted area of The Forum (JHB) to properly showcase your submissions, not only to students and staff, but to visitors of the University. This will be a fantastic opportunity and a worthwhile experience for any of you who choose to get involved.
Last event was very successful with practice-based installations, printed word entries and poster presentations. Read more about the last event in the Graduate College Newsletter.
What can I exhibit?
- Printed word ... including conference papers, abstracts, journal articles, book chapters.
- Practice based ... including audio and visual performances or recordings, installations, displays.
- Posters ... including academic posters, Powerpoint, Prezi and movie presentations.
If you require any equipment for your presentation (e.g. audio visual equipment) please let us know your requirements on the submission form and we will do our best to arrange this for you.
If you are unsure which category your submission falls into or feel that your particular form of submission has not been covered by the above categories, please do not be put off - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you as to which category will be most appropriate for your submission.
What are the deadlines?
30 January 2024 - Find out more about how to present your work at the Graduate College Annual Exhibition.
- The Graduate College Annual Exhibition (30 April 2024) is a wonderful opportunity to publicise your research and there will be cash prizes for the best exhibits. In this session, Professor Susan Brooks and Professor John Runions will give practical advice about how to make an effective conference poster, just one of the ways you might consider. They will explain the different ways in which you can display your work -- whatever your subject area and whatever stage you are at in your programme.
This session will take place between 16:00 and 17:00 in room JHB 201. All are welcome to attend and there is no need to book.
18 March 2024 - Deadline for completing the Submission Form
- Complete the submission form to confirm that you would like to enter the event.
15 April 2024 - Deadline for sending us your event submission
- Send your event submission to email@example.com
- Please ensure that you have received permission from your supervisor regarding your submission prior to entry.
30 April 2024 - Graduate College Annual Research Student Exhibition
- The exhibition will take place on the carpeted area of The Forum (JHB) between 10:00 and 17:00.
- Judging and prize-giving of the three categories will take place in at 13:00 in JHB Executive room.
- All research students are invited to the event, whether you have put forward a submission or not, and for those of you who attend the prize-giving ceremony there will be a free lunch put on from 13:00. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
- Please remind your supervisors to come along too!
I have more questions. Who can I contact?
If you have any further questions, please contact the Research Degrees Training & Events Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org