The School of Arts brings together filmmakers, fine artists, graphic designers, photographers, journalists, publishers and beyond to form an inspiring, dynamic community of creatives. You’ll work with an accomplished team of tutors, visiting artists and technicians, giving you the opportunity to utilise a rich network of expertise.
Art and Design
Saad Qureshi – artist
- Jay Osgerby (3D Designer) - designer of the Olympic Torch for London 2012
- Andrew Wildman (Concept Artist) - concept Artist for Doctor Who and Illustrator of Marvel Transformer Comics
- Omi Ong (Fashion Designer) - part of the design duo Vin + Omi who have a fashion collection at London Fashion Week
- Cornelia Parker – artist, Turner Prize nominee)
- Gavin Turk – artist
- Eddie Peake – artist
- Funki Porcini – artist, musician
- Aleksandra Mir – artist
Our staff in Art & Design are all active researchers exploring areas as diverse as:
- socially engaged arts practice,
- kinetic sound art,
- the theories and practices of Joseph Beuys,
- auto-ethnographic film-making.
The School of Arts supports practice-based and theoretical research practices. In the last HEFCE research assessment (REF2014) research in Sound Art was assessed as world-leading (4*) - the highest possible category. Other areas of expertise identified by HEFCE include social sculpture and expanded arts practices.