Recycling and waste
“In the 2020/21 academic year we recycled 49% of our waste and landfilled <1%”
- We partner with the British Heart Foundation and the Oxford Food Bank. Delivering a ‘Pack for Good Campaign’, in 2020/21, Brookes staff and students donated over £25,000 of old belongings.
- Bring your own re-usable mug to our catering outlets and receive a 10% discount off your drink.
- Abandoned bikes are upcycled and reused by Bicester Green and the Bike Doctor, for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paperless assignment submissions are now standard across the University.
- Double sided printing is the default setting for all our printers & old academic books are donated to Better World Books.
- Recoverable pallets are collected by a local social enterprise RAW and upcycled to make furniture.
- Internal office equipment and furniture is re-used wherever possible.
- Dry Mixed Recycling is sent to a Material Recycling Facility, for segregation and recycling.
- General waste is transported to the nearby Ardley Energy Recovery Facility, recovering energy from waste to help power local homes.
- All food waste is sent to an anaerobic digester which produces energy, and fertiliser for local farmers.
- Only 0.7% of waste is disposed of via landfill.
- 98% of our construction waste is recycled