At the beginning of each semester, Module Leaders are contacted to confirm the requirements for their exam(s), e.g. exam length, additional materials, use of calculators, multiple choice and timetabling requests. The deadline to respond is the Friday of Week 3.
Announcement All Semester 1 Module Leaders are requested to return all exam information and timetable requests by Friday of week 0 (23/09/22). The exam timetable will be released Monday week 4 (17/10/22).
See the key dates for staff for exam paper submission and sign-off deadlines.
- Download and complete the appropriate Microsoft Word template (below). The exam paper should be saved as a PDF and shared with email@example.com via Google Drive (note: also save a local Microsoft Word copy in case any corrections are needed).
- The paper is then checked by the Exams Team to ensure it conforms to formatting requirements and avoids any potential confusion.
- If any amendments are required, you will be asked to make the necessary changes and resubmit.
- Once approved, the Module Leader will be asked to sign off the exam paper as final and provide contact details (usually at the Headington Campus office).
|UG and PG templates||Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) templates|
|Semester 1||Term 1|
|Semester 1 multiple choice||Term 1 Resit|
|Semester 1 Resit||Term 2|
|Semester 1 Resit multiple choice||Term 2 Resit|
|Semester 2||Term 3|
|Semester 2 multiple choice||Term 3 Resit|
|Semester 2 Resit|
|Semester 2 Resit multiple choice|
- You will be sent a blank Multiple Choice Answer Sheet (MCAS) and MCAS Form via internal mail.
- To ensure confidentiality, return both by hand to Exams.
We can also mark multiple choice class tests at no charge to your faculty.
If you have online examinations, you have several options available. Option 1 is the standard online exam choice, however, if you have professional body requirements, you are able to choose Option 2 or 3.
Option 1 - Standard examination (written or multiple choice). Students will have 24 hours to complete and submit their examination. The PDF exam paper (and any additional materials) will be attached to a Turnitin assignment, which will be available to students from the start time of the exam, and which will close 24 hours later. Students will submit one document via Turnitin, which will be checked for plagiarism etc.
Option 2 - Time-limited written examination. Students will have 24 hours to start their examination. When the student clicks to start the exam, this will also start a timer running. Students will have to complete and submit their exam before the time expires. Students will submit one document for each question they answer - these will be checked through Turnitin for plagiarism etc. Due to the time taken to set this option up, it is only available for modules with a PSRB requirement for the exam to be time-limited. Check with your Programme Lead if you are not sure if this applies to your module.
Option 3 - Time-limited multiple choice examination. Students will have 24 hours to start their examination. When the student clicks to start the exam, this will also start a timer running. Students will have to complete and submit their exam before the time expires. The exam will be automatically marked, based on information provided by the Module Leader about correct answers, negative marking etc. Due to the time taken to set this option up, it is only available for modules with a PSRB requirement for the exam to be time-limited. Check with your Programme Lead if you are not sure if this applies to your module.