Recycling and waste
“In the 2021/22 academic year we recycled 51% of our waste and landfilled <0.5%”
- We partner with the British Heart Foundation and the Oxford Food Bank. Delivering a ‘Pack for Good Campaign’, in 2021/22, Brookes staff and students donated over £37,000 of old belongings.
- Bring your own re-usable mug to our catering outlets and receive a 20p discount off your drink.
- Abandoned bikes are upcycled and reused by Bicester Green and the Bike Doctor, for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paperless assignment submissions are now standard across the University.
- Double sided printing is the default setting for all our printers & old academic books are donated to Better World Books.
- Recoverable pallets are collected by a local social enterprise RAW and upcycled to make furniture.
- Internal office equipment and furniture is re-used wherever possible.
- Dry Mixed Recycling is sent to a Material Recycling Facility, for segregation and recycling.
- General waste is transported to the nearby Ardley Energy Recovery Facility, recovering energy from waste to help power local homes.
- All food waste is sent to an anaerobic digester which produces energy, and fertiliser for local farmers.
- Only 0.04% of waste is disposed of via landfill.
- >90% of our construction waste is recycled.