Oxford Brookes University will be the Data Controller of any personal data that you supply. This means that they will make the decisions on how your data is used and for what reasons. You can contact the University’s Information Security Management Team on BrookesDPO@brookes.ac.uk.
We will use your personal data to process your enquiry, to send you an electronic or hard copy prospectus, to communicate with you to provide you with information relating to your enquiry, or for statistical purposes and internal reporting
If you opt in to receive further information, we will use your personal data to inform you about our courses, events, scholarships, bursaries, services or student life. You can update your preferences at any time using the links at the bottom of any emails you receive from us.
Oxford Brookes University’s legal basis for collecting this data is:
- The legal basis for processing your personal data for responding to your enquiry or prospectus request is that processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interest pursued by the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
- The legal basis for processing your data for marketing purposes is based on the consent of the data subject.
Name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, course of interest, year of entry, and UCAS status.
Your personal data will be processed and stored by a third-party processor, Student CRM, on behalf of the University.
Personal data may also be shared with:
- Google Hangouts and Google Meet (Provision of audio and video conferencing services (to include recording where necessary).
- You have the right to be informed
- You have the right of access to your data
- You have the right to correct data if it is wrong
- You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted
- You have the right to restrict use of the data we hold
- You have the right to data portability
- You havethe right to object to Oxford Brookes University using your data
- You have rights in relation to using your data automated decision making and profiling.
Yes, we may not be able to respond to your enquiry or effectively provide information you have requested.
Unless you request otherwise, Oxford Brookes University will keep your data for 3 years after your last interaction with us.
You can contact the Information Security Management team.
In certain circumstances we may refer your query or concern to the University Data Protection Officer (DPO), a semi-independent role at Brookes required by UK law. If you would prefer to contact the DPO directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ICO is the UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. While we recommend that you raise any concerns or queries with us first you have the right to complain to the ICO directly if you believe Brookes is using your personal data unlawfully.
Please visit the ICO website for information on how to make a complaint or would like independent and impartial guidance on data protection and privacy.
Information Security Management team