Brookes Sport partners with Oxford City Council to provide free summer activities for local families
Brookes Sport welcomes YouMove families to use our Swimming Pool and Climbing Wall facilities for free during the summer holidays.
YouMove is a programme for the whole of Oxfordshire, and provides free or low cost sporting activities for families across the county. This summer is a critically important time, with many Oxfordshire families hit hard by the cost-of-living crisis and serious concerns around the mental health and wellbeing of our children and young people.
Brookes Sport are very proud to support the initiative through allowing YouMove families to use our swimming pool and climbing wall for free over the summer holidays.
"YouMove offers families’ ways to get active that suits their individual needs, which will help them enjoy quality time together, have fun and improve their health and wellbeing. YouMove is funded by Oxfordshire County Council Public Health and co-ordinated by Active Oxfordshire, in partnership with district councils. YouMove has a clear focus on helping those families who are facing the greatest barriers to physical activity and who stand to gain the most from being active." - Ben Evans, Physical Activity Activator at the Oxford City Council
Below we have outlined the process for YouMove families to follow to access our facilities:
- Register all family members’ details - choose the Pay As You Go option
- Once registered, upon completion, a 7-digit member ID number will be emailed to you
- Only the lead adult will need to create a password to book sessions online
- If you are planning to Climb, all family members must also complete the Climbing Participation Form - the lead adult can complete this on behalf of the children. Please note - there is a maximum of 2 children per supervising adult per session allowed. Climbing shoes are included but we do not hire harnesses and ropes.
- Once everyone has registered, please email all family member’s member ID numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org including a picture of your YouMove membership card
- Our membership team will then add your Brookes Sport, YouMove Summer Membership to you and your family’s accounts. They will email once this is completed - please allow up to three days for this to happen
- We will link the children’s accounts to the adult’s accounts so that booking is an easier process!
You will then be able to book Swimming and Climbing sessions through the Book Online portal. All sessions for Climbing and Swimming must be booked in advance. Ahead of every booked session, please check in at the reception.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you this summer!
Brookes Sport, Headington (Climbing): Oxford Brookes University Centre for Sport, Cheney Lane, Headington, Oxford, OX3 0GB (please note there is no parking)
Brookes Sport, Harcourt Hill (Swimming): Brookes Sport, Oxford, OX2 9AT (there is parking when you check in at reception, let them know you have driven!)
Swimming Supervision Guidelines:
- 0 to 5 years - must be accompanied in the water 1:1 ratio by a responsible adult
- 6 to 8 years - must be accompanied in the water 1:2 ratio by a responsible adult
- 9 to 11 years - must be accompanied in the building by a responsible adult
- 12 years and older can swim without a responsible adult in the building