Brookes Sport partners again with local councils to provide free activities for local families
Brookes Sport are proud to welcome YouMove families to use our Swimming Pool and Climbing Wall facilities for free during the winter holidays.
After a successful summer offer, we are really proud to work with the local councils again to provide free activities for local families this festive period. The YouMove Winter Access runs from Saturday 16th December 2023 until Friday 5th January 2024.
YouMove is a programme for the whole of Oxfordshire, and provides free or low cost sporting activities for families across the county. This winter is a critically important time, with many Oxfordshire families hit hard by the cost-of-living crisis and serious concerns around the mental health and wellbeing of our children and young people.
Below we have outlined the process for YouMove families to follow to access our facilities:
Every family member (aged 3 upwards) needs to be registered individually, to do this, please choose the Pay As You Go option
- Once the lead account holder has registered, a 7-digit Brookes Sport Member ID number will be emailed to you
- When registering children please follow the same process but input the lead account holders email
- Every account that has registered will receive an email with a link to create a password BUT only the lead adult will need to create a password to book sessions online
- Once everyone has registered, please email all family member’s name and Brookes Sport Member ID numbers to email@example.com and attach a picture of each YouMove membership card.
- The local councils would like us to confirm who has taken up this offer - if you are happy for us to notify them please confirm this when emailing your details over.
- Our membership team will then add your Brookes Sport, YouMove Winter Membership to your and your family’s accounts and link the family's account to a lead adult account. They will email once this is completed - please allow up to three days for this to happen
All sessions for Casual Climbing and Open Swim’s must be booked in advance. Ahead of every booked session, please check in at the reception.
If you are planning to Climb, all family members must also complete the Climbing Participation Form - the lead account holder can complete this on behalf of all children (minimum age is 3 years to attend the climbing wall)
- Please note - there is a maximum of 2 children per supervising adult, per session
- Climbing shoes are included but we do not hire harnesses or ropes
The lead account holder will be able to book Open Swimming sessions and Casual Climbing sessions through the Book Online portal using their own password and email address. The other family members’ will be linked and can toggle between each family member to make bookings.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you this festive period!
Swimming Supervision Guidelines:
- 0 to 5 years - must be accompanied in the water 1:1 ratio by a responsible adult
- 6 to 8 years - must be accompanied in the water 1:2 ratio by a responsible adult
- 9 to 11 years - must be accompanied in the building by a responsible adult
- 12 years and older can swim without a responsible adult in the building
Brookes Sport, Headington (Climbing): Oxford Brookes University Centre for Sport, Cheney Lane, Headington, Oxford, OX3 0GB (please note there is no parking)
Brookes Sport, Harcourt Hill (Swimming): Brookes Sport, Oxford, OX2 9AT (there is parking when you check in at reception, let them know you have driven!)