Our Visiting Industrial Fellows are part of our Entrepreneurs in Residence (EiRs) and Visiting Industrial Fellows (VIFs) scheme.
The Visiting Industrial Fellow (VIF) scheme engages individuals with the background, experience and enthusiasm to deliver business, commercial and related insights and support work for our students, staff and stakeholders.
Visiting Industrial Fellows (VIFs) are part of a network that aims to provide learners and staff at OBBS and across the University with rapid access to a broad and deep base of knowledge, experience and contacts. Specifically, they will be providing insight into the functional challenges of managing and working within larger organisations, and the skills required to develop a successful career.
As well as providing inspiration for our students, Visiting Industrial Fellows are embedded across the Business School, contributing their thinking and insights into new programme development, community engagement and knowledge exchange.
VIFs are selected according to criteria including their potential contribution, ‘fit’ with the Business School ethos, and engagement with relevant subject areas. Actual activities may vary between Fellows, but may include some of these activities:
- Delivering School-wide lectures to staff and students
- Participation in network events & discussion forums to aid the development of OBBS teaching and research
- Contribute to OBBS programme development
- Providing insight into current issues
- Signposting / providing opportunities for live industry projects
- Guest lectures on programmes
- Providing mentoring to students and/or staff
- Attending graduation ceremonies
- Acting as an OBBS ambassador to provide wider links/contacts to enhance OBBS activities