Find a courseExpand
Our MSc Finance programme balances technical knowledge with practical skills. You are taught in small interactive groups by experts from the finance industry as well as leading researchers. You will understand the key areas of finance and develop the soft skills needed to have a successful career in Finance.
Throughout this course, you can:
· understand how business decisions are made from a financial perspective
· develop practical skills in financial modelling and mathematical techniques
· explore how different financial markets, banks and foreign exchange operate
· appreciate broader issues such as how globalisation and corporate social responsibility affect the world of finance
· engage with our guest speakers such as the Deputy Chair of KPMG
· Our students have gone on to work with prestigious global organisations such as and Deutsche Bank, Societe General, the Share Centre, KPMG, Wiley and EDF Energy. They have careers such as financial trader, investment banker and financial analyst.
How to apply
Questions about fees?
Contact Student Finance on:
Questions about fees?
Fees quoted are for the first year only. If you are studying a course that lasts longer than one year your fees will increase each year.
Please be aware that some courses will involve some additional costs that are not covered by your fees. Specific additional costs for this course, if any, are detailed below.
Financial support and scholarships
Learning and assessment
You will study the compulsory modules listed below and choose from a range of elective modules. You will then complete a research project.
There are two research clusters in the International Centre for Coaching and Mentoring Studies and the Centre for Diversity Policy Research and Practice which relate to this subject:
After you graduate
This course helps you develop both academically and professionally providing you with a strong foundation for a career in finance. It offers you an opportunity to create global business links with fellow students, teaching staff and professionals you may meet during your time at Brookes.
You will develop skills which are embedded in the programme, such as:
- digital literacy
- presentation skills
- team working.
The MSc in Finance develops your ability to compete for challenging and interesting roles in finance or general business.
Our students are attractive to employers both in the UK and internationally and have gone to work in prestigious corporations such as:
The roles they have taken up are varied and include:
- investment banker
- financial analyst
- fraud detection
Programme Changes: On rare occasions we may need to make changes to our course programmes after they have been published on the website.
For more information, please visit our Changes to programmes page.