Mrs Belinda Twissell
BSc (Physiotherapy); MSc (Advanced Healthcare Practice); PCTHE
Belinda’s links with Oxford Brookes University were established in 2000 during her MSc (Advanced Healthcare Practice). She initially undertook a secondment as a physiotherapy lecturer in 2004 and remained involved as an associate lecturer until taking up a senior lecturer post in 2011.
Belinda graduated as a physiotherapist from the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa. She then worked at Natalspruit Hospital before moving to the UK. She has a special interest in spinal cord injury rehabilitation and developed her expertise while working at the National Spinal Injuries Unit, Stoke Mandeville Hospital. Her more recent clinical experience has been in an adult community setting and she currently works part-time as a Practice Development Allied Health Professions for the Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
Teaching and supervision
- Neurological Movement Control and Dysfunction
- Physiotherapy Management of Long-term Conditions
- Integrated Physiotherapy Practice
- Specialist Physiotherapy Practice
- Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care
Belinda's teaching interests include neurological rehabilitation, long term condition management, elderly rehabilitation in a community setting (including intermediate care and rapid response) and promoting undergraduate leadership opportunities for allied health professionals.
- BSc Project or Dissertation in Physiotherapy
- Pre-Registration MSc Dissertation in Physiotherapy
Memberships of professional bodies
- Registrant of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (PH50393)
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) (057720)
- Member of AGILE (Chartered Physiotherapists working with Older People)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)