Dr Maryam Yousefi Nejad
PhD in Accounting
Lecturer in Accounting
Oxford Brookes Business School
Teaching students in lectures, tutorials, seminars, and blended environments. Leading modules and supporting lecturers and associates in program delivery and student assessment. Supervisory student projects and dissertations. Undertaking placement visits. Undertaking curriculum development work, evaluating courses and course materials, and supervising course provision. Assessing the work and progress of students and providing feedback. Acting as Academic Adviser to students for UG and PG dissertations/ projects and as Ph.D. supervisor. Participating in internal initiatives/ events to the benefit of the University. Establishing my own area of independent research, publishing academic papers, and applying for/securing research funding. 37 hours per week.
Teaching and supervision
- Financial Accounting Reporting
- Accounting Theory and Practice
- Applied Financial Skills
- Financial Reporting Analysis
- Accounting for Corporate Decisions and Evaluation
- Financial Econometrics
- Integrated Case Study
- Research Methodology
I am eager to take on the role of supervisor for student projects and dissertations. I am committed to assessing the work and progress of students, providing constructive feedback, and guiding their academic journey. As an academic adviser, I am available to support undergraduate and postgraduate students with their dissertations and projects. Additionally, I am experienced in serving as a Ph.D. supervisor, providing guidance and support to Ph.D. students as they work towards their academic goals.
I am interested in teaching, conducting research, and writing papers, particularly in Corporate Reporting, Financial Reporting, Corporate Governance, and Risk Management. I am highly developed research quantitative and analytical skills with a strong capacity to conduct independent research.
Skilled Database: DataStream, Osiris, Eikon
Statistical Software Package: EViews, SPSS, STATA, R
Data Analysis Skills:
- Static Panel (OLS)
- Dynamic Panel (GMM, Panel Co-integration, LSDVC)
- Seemingly Unrelated Regression (SUR)
- Logit and Probit Model"
Memberships of professional bodies
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA)
- Malaysian Accounting Association (MyAA)
- 2014 International Management Accounting Conference (IMAC) VII
- 2016 17th Asian Academic Accounting Association Annual Conference
- 2017 International Conference on Accounting Studies (ICAS) 2017
- 2018 5th International Conference on Management and Muamalah
- 2020 7th Malaysia Statistics Conference (MyStats 2020), 21 October 2020
- 2020 7th International Conference on Management and Muamalah (7th ICoMM 2020)