Omar is a Senior Lecturer in Construction Project Management within the School of Built Environment.
Before he joined Oxford Brookes University, he was the Programme Leader for the MSc Construction Management at the National University of Science and Technology in Oman. Also, he has worked for Philadelphia University (Jordan) and Damascus University (Syria).
Omar completed his PhD in Construction Management at the University of Nottingham, also he completed his BSc in Civil Engineering (Construction Management) at Aleppo University (Syria). He used to teach both undergraduates and postgraduates in the areas of Project Management, Risk Management and Procurement Methods. Omar’s research interests include: Risk Management, Performance measurement, Building Information Modelling, Procurement Methods, Construction Economics.
Also, he was coordinator for one EU-Funded Project (Erasmus+) in Syria to establishing a Centre of Excellence for Research and Training in Construction and Environment. Omar also was involved in various academic and administration activities at various universities where he has worked for.
Teaching and supervision
- Building Information Modelling and Management (MSc)
- Construction Project Management (MSc)
- Construction Project Management (BSc (Hons))
- Project Management in the Built Environment (MSc)
- Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management (MSc)
- Property Development and Planning (BSc (Hons))
- Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management (BSc (Hons))
Currently I am teaching both PG and UG students:
- Process management (PMAN7005)
- Construction Law and Procurement (PMAN7003)
- Construction Project Management (CONM5009)
- Project Management for Development (PLAN6018)
My research interests include:
- Risk Management,
- Procurement Methods,
- Performance measurement,
- Project Management,
- Circular Economy, and