These pages are designed to guide you towards the statistical resources you need such as:
- Choosing appropriate plots and descriptive statistics to describe and illustrate your dataset.
- Deciding which type of statistical test is best for your research question.
- How to perform these calculations using different software packages.
Statistics is a process. We don't just know which statistical test to use or the best way of illustrating our results, we are guided by the type of data we have and our research question. There are three key stages to consider as outlined in How to Analyze Data (Radcliffe, 2020):
- Step 1: What type of data do you have?
- Step 2: How will you describe your data (descriptive statistics)?
- Step 3: Which statistical test will you use (inferential statistics)?