- Arrive about 2 hours before the ceremony begins.
- The ticket desk opens 2 hours before the ceremony. Extra guest tickets (if available) can also be collected from the help desk 2 hours before the ceremony. Both desks are located in the Forum of the John Henry Brookes Building (JHB) on Headington Campus.
- Head to the photography studio on the second floor of JHB if you have pre-booked your photography package. If you were unable to pre-book, you can still drop-in on the day of your graduation.
- After you have collected your tickets, you can pick up your gown from the ground floor of the Clerici Building. Make sure you have your gown order number. Staff from Ede & Ravenscroft will be on hand to assist you.
On the day
- Your graduation ceremony will take place in the Sir Kenneth Wheare Hall on the ground floor of the Clerici Building on Headington Campus.
- Doors will open 30 minutes before the ceremony begins and everyone should be seated 15 minutes before it starts.
- Guest tickets do not have allocated seat numbers so guests can take any unreserved seat.
- The ceremony will last up to one hour.
- Family and friends not coming to Headington Campus can watch the ceremonies live online.
- The Family Room is located in 1.12 in the Cleric Building and the Video Room is in the Lecture Theatre in JHB. Both rooms will be accessible 30 minutes before the ceremony begins.
- Procession of platform party
- Opening of the ceremony by the Vice-Chancellor
- Presentation of Honorary Graduate or Guest Speaker
- Address by Honorary Graduate or Guest Speaker
- Presentation of Graduates and Prizes
- Vote of thanks by Student Union Representative or Graduate Speaker
- Closing of the ceremony by the Presiding Governor
- Recession of platform party and graduates
Please note that there will be flash photography throughout the ceremony as students cross the stage. All ceremonies are recorded and broadcast across campus and on the internet. Graduates and guests should be aware that they may appear on this recording. If you or guests do not wish to appear, there are live closed-circuit broadcasts available in other rooms. If you wish to view the ceremony this way, please contact email@example.com before registration closes.
- You will be able to drop off your gown with Ede & Ravenscoft on the way out of JHB.
- If you did not have time for photographs before the ceremony, photography studios will still be open on the second floor of JHB.
- Certificates will have been sent to your home address within 12 weeks of your award date. If you have not received your certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A photograph of every graduate will be taken by Ede & Ravenscroft, our official photographers, as they are presented on the stage. These photographs will be available on Ede & Ravenscroft’s website. Graduates who do not want their photograph published should contact Ede & Ravenscroft directly.
Oxford Brookes may have other official photographers around Headington Campus filming and photographing the celebrations for publicity purposes. If you do not wish your image to be used for this purpose, then please speak to the photographer on the day.
Our campuses have been fully risk-assessed for the graduation ceremonies. We ask that all staff, students and visitors kindly follow our guidelines whilst visiting our campuses:
- Make use of our hand sanitising stations which will be available around campus.
- Take care to keep each other safe in crowded spaces.
- Consider the needs of those around you.
- We kindly ask our graduates and their guests to follow the latest government advice with regard to Covid-19.