The Graduation Team is part of the Directorate of Academic and Student Administration. Students can use the Student Central counter to drop off or collect documents by prior arrangement.
- Maintaining central record of all Oxford Brookes graduation ceremonies held in the UK or overseas.
- Organising and managing the main Oxford Brookes graduation ceremonies held in June and September on Headington Campus.
- Organising the Graduation Ceremony Advisory Group and debrief meetings.
- Providing advice, guidance and information on graduation issues.
- Arranging staff gown hire.
- Maintaining an archive of graduation ceremony videos/DVD.
- Support and attend Oxford Brookes off-site graduation ceremonies organised by individual Faculties/Collaborative Partners.
The University now has a protocol for those organising such events. The purpose of the protocol is to ensure that all Oxford Brookes University graduations, regardless of location, should maintain a high standard of service and presentation that reflects the University’s academic standing, branding and positioning in the market place whilst ensuring the position of the partner is also recognised.
In order to co-ordinate the University's graduations and to ensure that replication and duplication of ceremonies is avoided in specific locations, it is now a requirement that those wishing to organise such an event, either in the UK or overseas, will need to seek approval from the Graduation Team. Please complete the Graduation Ceremony Off-site Proposal Form and return the completed form to the Graduation Team.
For further information regarding the approval process, please see Section 4 of the Protocol for Organising an Off-site Graduation Ceremony.
If you have any further comments or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.