- Gupta, R. and Gregg, M. (2018) Targeting and modelling urban energy retrofits using a city-scale energy mapping approach. Journal of Cleaner Production, 174, pp.401-412 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.10.262
- Gupta, R. and Gregg, M. (2017). Local energy mapping for urban energy retrofits. Building Simulation 2017 Conference proceedings, 7-9 August, San Francisco, USA.
- Gupta, R. and Gregg, M. (2017) A new local energy mapping approach for targeting urban energy renovations. ECEEE Summer Study 2017 conference proceedings, 29 May - 3 June 2016, Hyeres, France. pp. 645-655
- Gupta, R., and Gregg, M. (2016) Local energy mapping using publicly available data for urban energy retrofit, InternationalSEEDS Conference 2016, 14-15 September 2016, Leeds, UK
Local Energy Mapping for Urban Retrofit (Lemur)
The LEMUR project was designed to investigate how publicly available datasets on built environment, energy and society could be used to plan mass energy retrofit and to provide targeted low carbon measures across a city. LEMUR helped local authorities to overcome the challenges to:
- conduct large-scale retrofitting of carbon reduction measures in homes
- facilitate warmer, healthier homes and reduce fuel poverty
- support thriving local economies and nurture community groups.
LEMUR integrated two existing data platforms, DECoRuM and Community Energy Manager (CEM), into one innovative new service, which turns this urban challenge into a marketable product that can facilitate wider roll out of retrofit measures, cheaper delivery and more effective outreach to vulnerable residents.
To take advantage of this opportunity, project partners investigated the feasibility of this integration and also test the service in practice, through a small pilot in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
The main outcome of this project is the development of a bespoke and flexible digital service for retrofit programmes, for community groups to use at very low cost and more bespoke services available to local authorities, housing associations, researchers and retrofit providers alike.