Please see the sections below to help with your online application.
1. Registering and logging on
- Do I have to register to apply?
Only registered users can apply for Job vacancies on e-Recruitment. When you click on the ‘Apply’ button, you will be prompted either to log in as an existing user, i.e. you are already registered, or to register as a new user. To register you will need an email address and password.
- Do I have to apply online?
All prospective applicants should apply online; those who need support to fill out an application should contact a member of the HR Directorate on 01865 485960 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We now require all Professional service applications to include a CV.
- Job application and process is clear and accessible?
- We hope our job application process is clear and accessible as we want to ensure it is equally available to all. If you require any assistance with the system, please contact us on 01865 485960 or email email@example.com.
- How do I change my email address and password?
You can change this once you have logged into your e-Recruitment account. Go to the left hand menu and select ‘My Account and Notifications’. Here you will find an option to change both your email and password.
- What if I have forgotten my password
If you have forgotten your password, you should enter the email address that you used to register with (this is also your username), then click on the ‘Forgotten Password’ link. An automated email will then be sent to your email address, which will contain a temporary password. Use the temporary password to log in and you will then be prompted to set up a new password of your choice.
2. Personal information
All personal information is held on a secure database. Your personal information is not accessible unless it is submitted as part of an application.
The applicant privacy notice explains what data we collect and why, who we share it with and what your rights are in respect of the data that we hold about you. You are encouraged to read this so that you are fully informed about how we will use your data.
3. Applying for roles
- When is the latest I can apply?
All completed applications must be received by 23.30pm (GMT) on the closing date. Applications will not be accepted after this time.
- If I have been unsuccessful in the past can I reapply?
Unless the advert states that unsuccessful applicants should not re-apply, we would encourage all applicants who think they met the essential criteria to apply.
- I am looking to work part-time, can I still apply for full-time roles?
Yes, all our roles are open to job share, unless stated otherwise.
- How do I know that my application form has been received?
All applicants who have submitted an online application form within the deadline will receive an automated email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive such confirmation you should contact the HR Directorate on 01865 485961 or 01865 485960.
- How do I amend my application form after it is submitted?
If the deadline has not yet past, please contact the HR team immediately on 01865 485961 or 01865 485960 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be able to unsubmit your application so that you can amend it and re-submit it. It is your responsibility to ensure you submit your application before the deadline. Once the deadline has passed you will not be able to amend your application.
- Can I print my application form?
Yes, there is a print button on the summary page of the application form. You can print before or after submitting your application.
- Can I withdraw a submitted application?
You will need to contact the HR team by email on email@example.com, and they will do this on your behalf.
- I have forgotten to attach a document e.g. CV, publications, etc.
You should contact the HR Directorate by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Error message in internet browser
If you receive an error message after you have clicked the back button on your browser, you should refresh the browser or press F5 on your keyboard. Unfortunately, if you had input information in an application without saving it, your information will be cleared. To avoid this happening, please use the navigation buttons on the bottom of the pages.
5. What types of file can I upload
You may upload a maximum of five different files, which can be no more than 2MB each. You may only upload the following types of files: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .jpg, .jpeg and .rtf. The name of your document must not exceed 25 characters. Please ensure all attached documents are not password-protected; do not have track changes turned on; and are not in read only format, as this will cause technical problems when downloading and your application may be missed.
The shortlisting process can take up to three weeks (15 working days). All applicants who have applied will be notified, as to whether or not they have been shortlisted for interview. Please ensure that your contact details are up to date, particularly your email account, as we are likely to contact you via email.
Please download the job description when applying. You will not be able to view the job description once the post has closed. If you are invited to an interview we will attach the job description to your invitation.
- I’ve been unsuccessful at an interview, may I have feedback?
We offer feedback to all our unsuccessful applicants. If you would like feedback, please contact the HR Directorate by email email@example.com.
- Can I claim interview expenses
We reimburse interview expenses for candidates who have to travel more than 30 miles to the location of the interview. For candidates who travel within the UK, we will reimburse a up to maximum of £150; for those outside of the UK, the maximum is £300. Expenses will only be paid on production of receipts.
8. Candidates with a disability
- I have a disability and require alternative software to enable me to undertake the skills test. Can you assist?
- If you have a disability and require alternative arrangements/reasonable adjustments for your interview, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01865 485960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Eligibility to work in the UK
The University is committed to providing employment for all sectors of the community and welcomes all international applications.
If you have your own eligibility to work in the UK you can apply for any roles advertised.
If you need the University to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you, you can only apply for roles that would meet the necessary criteria around salary level and educational level of role. Where the criteria is met, we will make all practical efforts to secure an appropriate visa, however we cannot guarantee that such an application will be successful.
If a vacancy does not meet the necessary criteria to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship we will indicate in our job advertisement that international applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.