Support during times of conflict or humanitarian disaster

We are proud that the Oxford Brookes community is a global one, with students and staff from around 140 countries choosing to make Brookes their home. There will be times when members of our community are affected by humanitarian crises, such as conflict or natural disaster, that are taking place around the world.

We know that some students and staff may require extra support at these difficult times, and we are committed to providing that support. The services listed below are available to you, if and when you need them. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you require support.

Multifaith Chaplaincy

Members of the Multifaith Chaplaincy team offer pastoral care to students and staff. To talk to one of the team, email or call +44 (0)1865 484690. In-person, video or telephone appointments can be arranged.

Travel advice

We strongly recommend that any students or staff travelling to regions affected by major events such as conflict or natural disaster refer to the latest travel advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.

Support for students

Emotional support

If you need additional emotional support and are anxious or distressed, please contact our Student Welfare team at - they will be happy to help.

If you are an international student you are welcome to talk to the International Student Advice Team (ISAT) about any issue you are facing. You can email them to arrange a virtual appointment, or book an in-person appointment to see a member of the team in Student Central on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For details of how to book, visit the ISAT webpages.

Financial support

If you are experiencing unexpected financial difficulties, please email

If your studies are affected

If you find that your studies are being disrupted, please make use of our exceptional circumstances procedure, using the Type C route. Your Student Support Coordinator can help you make an application. You can also talk to your Academic Advisor.

Accommodation and tuition fees

If you are having problems paying your tuition or hall fees, please contact

Support and advice for staff

Staff can contact the Employee Assistance Programme for confidential advice and support (Brookes login required). You can also talk to your line manager.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties because of a major event such as conflict or natural disaster, permanent employees with over 6 months’ service can apply to the Staff Assistance Fund for one-off financial help. Any employee can seek free and confidential financial advice and coaching from the University’s partner charity Navigate.


Students and staff can send feedback on the University's response to