The following is an excerpt from our full terms and conditions of enrolment:
The University’s prospectus and other promotional material for each academic year are published approximately 18 months in advance and it is possible for you to apply to the programme quite some months prior to enrolment and to defer your enrolment for further periods of time. Therefore, due to the time lapse between your application and actual enrolment, there will be rare occasions that the University needs to make changes to your published programme either before or after your enrolment.
We have to balance flexibility within our degree programmes with our obligations to manage our funds in a way which is efficient and cost-effective in the context of the provision of a diverse range of courses to a large number of students.
Examples of such changes are:
- where there is an insufficient number of students applying to the programme or a module of the programme to make running the Programme or the relevant module insufficient to provide a suitable student experience and/ or financially viable
- where key staff have taken extended leave or left the University
- following recommendations made by the University’s annual review and periodic review processes, including responding to student and professional body feedback
- following changes to the funding the University receives
- following other unforeseen changes beyond the University’s control.
In the event that we have to make a material change to your programme, we will notify you of the change as soon as possible and work with you to understand the effect of this on your position.