2.1 The role of the PDT is to provide a forum through which the design of a new programme (or the delivery of an OBU programme by a partner organisation) may be informed by a range of expertise from within and - crucially - external to the University, so as to meet sector expectations and the University’s criteria for approval. The PDT is responsible for ensuring that appropriate consultation takes place, and for the preparation of the programme documentation to an appropriate standard for submission to an approval panel
2.2 The PDT must work with relevant colleagues in the Faculty and Directorates to ensure that the new programme:
- is consistent with key external reference points, such as subject benchmark statements, professional body standards, and national qualifications authorities
- meets the expectations of University policies and guidance relating to excellence in teaching, learning and assessment
- complies with the relevant University Regulations
- provides students with high quality teaching and learning support, including learning resources and specialist teaching facilities
- takes into account the views of a wide range of stakeholders, as appropriate to the provision and the context in which it is to be delivered.