- Communicates with colleagues in peer communities within and outside the University on research topics.
- Communicates with research team on current and future research activity requirements.
- Collects information from participants during research activity.
- Communicates with academic and administrative colleagues within the University and externally on matters related to the research processes.
- Contributes as part of the research team to the design and implementation of research methodologies including for example the writing of questionnaires.
- Keeps accurate records, assists in the preparation of reports and/or publications as appropriate and makes presentations at a variety of meetings both in the University and externally
Postgraduate Research Assistant role profile
- Contributes collaboratively to research projects as part of the research team.
- Develops productive and effective working relationships with academic, administrative and research colleagues stakeholders and partners.
- Contributes collaboratively to projects at School, department or subject area level.
With support, advice and mentoring is required to:
- Design and test appropriate research tools e.g. questionnaires.
- Gathers data from multiple sources as part of research activity.
- Contributes to analysis and evaluation using a range of analytical tools for example descriptive statistics, reliability and factor analysis.
- Keep accurate laboratory records, assist in the preparation of reports and/or publications as appropriate and make presentations at a variety of meetings both in the University and externally
- Conduct literature searches as appropriate.