Responsibility for managing the recruitment procedure is shared between the employing Faculty/Directorate and the Directorate of Human Resources. The recruiting manager is ultimately responsible for the recruitment process and its adherence to university policy and best practice. It is the responsibility of all staff involved in recruitment and selection to ensure that they have received the appropriate training.
The Directorate of Human resources will provide professional and administrative support, including:
- Advising on recruitment and selection methods.
- Proactively placing of and wording of advertisements to perform well for Search Engine Optimisation and to attract a good quality pool of candidates.
- Receipt and distribution of application forms via the HR staff portal.
- Contacting shortlisted applicants and inviting them to interview.
- Sending automated reply to applicants not shortlisted for interview.
- Advising on reasonable adjustments for disabled applicants.
- With sufficient notice, participating in interviews when requested,
- Checking applicants' eligibility to work in the UK.
- Requesting and following up medical and reference checks.
- Applying for Certificates of Sponsorships as required.
- Issuing contracts of employment.