At Oxford Brookes University, we value the diversity of our community which is enriched by the contributions of every individual. Our aim is to create a community where people from all ethnic backgrounds can learn and work together.
The legislation is broad covering race, ethnicity and nationality and prohibiting discrimination, harassment and victimisation. As a public body the University is required to advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations between people of different groups.
We seek to go beyond compliance and are committed to the active promotion of race equality as part of our equality, diversity and inclusion agenda, and our ambitions for the quality of the student and staff experience.
Oxford Brookes participated in the ECU Race Equality Charter Mark pilot in 2014. This provided important lessons and insights to guide our progress and stakeholder engagement. The University has now developed a Race Equality Strategy to build the foundations for advancing race equality.
For more information, contact Jane Butcher, EDI Adviser (email@example.com or extension 5443).
Oxford Brookes staff showcase 26 October 2016
- Building Information Modelling Research and Applications by Dr Henry Abanda (PDF)
- Rainbow Home (PDF)
- BME Activities by Sobia Afridi (PDF)
- Social Enterprises and Empowering BAME Individuals by Dr Yue S. Ang (PDF)
- Study Higher Pioneers project by Farhana Ghaffar (PDF)
- Research and Knowledge by Dr Sola Adesola (PDF)
- Student Engagement and Belonging for a Diverse Student Population by Neil Currant (PDF)