- No deposit needed - unlike letting agents, we don’t charge a deposit.
- Save money - our average room costs significantly less than renting with a private letting agency.
- A fair contract - we won't hold you responsible for your housemates' rent.
- Flexible - you can move between Brookes properties if a vacancy comes up.
Shared houses for current students
Students will receive a copy of their full contract and tenancy agreement by email. You can find the terms and conditions for the Brookes Lettings standard contracts and Brookes Lettings bills inclusive contracts on the Contracts and Regulations webpage.
Looking for a house
- Think about your budget. Remember, most house rents don’t include bills. Bills are now on average £15 - £20 per person per week, so make sure you factor this in.
- When the housing list is published, have a look at the options available to you. Houses for ‘group bookings’ have to be booked as a whole when you have formed a group of the right size (i.e. 4 people in a 4 bed). Houses for ‘individual bookings’ can be filled up one room at a time by individual students.
- Each house has a photo album and a floor plan. Have a look at these and decide which room you'd like.
- We recommend forming a shortlist of a few houses you’d be happy to book - don’t rest your hopes on just one!
Preparing to book
- Make sure you can log into the Accommodation Portal. Check this before bookings open as this is how you'll need to confirm your room after we offer it to you.
- If you’re booking with a group, nominate a group leader. That group leader will be the one submitting the application for the house so they need to be available when bookings open. Please ensure that person knows the full names and student numbers of their group members.
- If you already live in a Brookes hall or house, make sure your rent payments are up to date.
Booking your house
- When bookings open, complete the online form for your preferred house size. The links will be available on this page and on the housing list page. If you are a group, only the group leader needs to complete the form.
- You'll be able to tell us your favourite house and also select up to four back-up options. We will then contact you within 2 working days to notify you of the result.
- If you are a group, the group leader will then be asked to assign a room in the house to each group member. You'll need to know your housemates' names and student numbers.
- Everyone will then be contacted individually with a specific room offer and asked to accept it via the Accommodation Portal.
- We can only offer a short deadline for you to accept your contract so please ensure you check your emails regularly if you have recently applied for a house.
Help and advice
- Got any problems? Contact us using the details at the bottom of the page.
- Changed your mind about your room? Please contact us if you want to swap to a different room or house.