If your exam performance or attendance is negatively impacted for reasons outside of your control, you may be able to apply for exceptional circumstances. Where possible, the Exams Team can also provide assistance.
- General - For any problems during the exam, raise your hand and an invigilator will help. Any comments, email email@example.com and let us know.
- Illness during the exam - Ask an invigilator for help and a first aider will be called if required. You may permanently or temporarily leave the exam room with an invigilator’s permission. A report will be completed, which you can request for use as exceptional circumstances evidence.
- Injury to writing arm - Bring medical evidence in advance to the Exams Office. We may be able to offer you the option to type the exam on a PC but this is not guaranteed.
- Illness or injury that requires you to bring equipment or medication to the exam - Please complete the medical item registration form online if possible. Alternatively, bring the items to the exam and speak to an invigilator before the exam who will give you a medical item registration form to complete.
- Mobility - If you have trouble entering the exam room (e.g. you are on crutches), contact us in advance. If possible, you can be seated near the door. You will be provided with assistance.
- Bereavement - Whether you attempt the exam or if you cannot attend, you can apply for exceptional circumstances with suitable evidence.