Time Away During the Semester

As part of your visa responsibilities, students on a Student visa (previously called Tier 4 visa) must attend all teaching or supervisory sessions and take part in all aspects of your course set by your faculty, including completing any assignments or in class tests so you make good progress. This is both for taught modules and independent study such as a dissertation or research project.

If you are unwell, need to travel home for an emergency, are completing your dissertation or research project, or want to travel for tourism, the link below, Time Away During the Semester, tells you what permission is needed, how long you can be away for, and the visa implications.