Travelling home or abroad

UK restrictions about Covid 19 on international travel have been lifted. You are permitted to travel home for the holidays. However, other countries might have their COVID-19 rules which you should check before travelling.

What do I need to do before I travel?

Before travelling, you must check if the country you want to go to will allow people from England to enter and if the UK government advises against all but essential travel to the country. You can check this on the Foreign Travel Advice page of the UK government's website.

What do I need when I come back to the UK?

You should always carry an attendance letter showing you are a student at Brookes. If you are returning to the UK with very little time left on your visa or during term time, you may need to explain your situation to the border official. Please contact ISAT for advice.

Can I go on holiday abroad?

If you are travelling on holiday, you may need a visa for the country you plan to go to. We have information about Schenghen visas for those nationalities who need a visa to visit Europe.

Am I allowed to travel during semester time?

Students are not normally allowed to travel in term time. However, in exceptional circumstances it can be permitted for a short time only if agreed by your faculty.

If this is agreed, you must make sure that your absence will not have a negative impact on your studies and you are still able to submit all assessments on time. Please contact your Faculty to discuss your study engagement whilst you are away. If your engagement will be affected or if you need to be absent for a long period, you will need to take Approved Temporary Withdrawal. See travelling to the UK.