Advanced Learner Loans
If you are over 19 years of age and are starting to study the Foundation Art and Design course, you may be eligible for the Advanced Learner Loan and/or the Bursary Fund.
The Advanced Learner Loan gives you access to financial support for tuition costs similar to that available in Higher Education and are administered by Student Finance England. In 2023/24 you can borrow up to £5,421 and your course fee will be fully funded.
There are a limited number of awards each year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Advanced Learner Loan Bursary Fund
In addition to the Advanced Learner Loan, you may also be eligible to apply to the Advanced Learner Loan Bursary Fund.
In most cases, all of the following must apply. You must be:
- studying on the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design course,
- aged 19 or over on the 1 September in the year that you start your course,
- living in the UK on the first day of your course,
- a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there are no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK),
- living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course.
For the full eligibility criteria, please visit https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility.
This funding is available to students studying on the following courses: