Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Germany
Qualifications equivalent to UK A-levels:
- Abitur/Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife
|A-level requirement||Abitur/Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife equivalency (overall grade)|
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our Foundation courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Equivalent grading|
|2:1 (for direct entry)||2.5 Gut|
|2:2 (for direct entry)||3.5 Befriedigend|
|Pass grade (for a pre-master’s course)||4.0 Ausreichend|
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Pre-sessional University English
- Grade 10 or above in English Language in Abitur
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.