Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Ghana
- WAEC West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) PLUS a recognised foundation course.
Equivalencies for our foundation programmes
|Programme||A-level requirement||WAEC equivalency|
|Integrated 4-year foundation programmes||CCD||five B grades from WASSCE|
|International Foundation Diploma||EE||five C grades from WASSCE|
- GCSE grade B / grade 5 equivalent: WAEC West African Senior School Certificate grade B3
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 equivalent: WAEC West African Senior School Certificate grade C6
- Minimum passing grade is E8
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
Qualifications equivalent to a UK bachelor degree:
- Bachelor degree
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement. If you do not meet our minimum requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our pre-master’s courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Bachelor degree equivalency|
|2:1 (for direct entry)||2:1|
|2:2 (for direct entry)||2:2|
|Pass grade (for a pre-master’s course)||3rd Class|
Minimum English language requirements
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 - 7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Pre-sessional University English
- C6 in English Language in WAEC/WASSCE (Results must be verified by scratch card supplied by the applicant from all WAEC nations.)
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.