Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Kenya
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) PLUS a recognised foundation course.
Equivalencies for our foundation programmes
|Programme||A-level requirement||KCSE equivalency|
|Integrated 4-year foundation programmes||CCD||B grade average|
|International Foundation Diploma||EE||C grade average|
- For standard requirements, GCSE equivalents will be met by passing relevant subjects in school leaving qualification (except English language, acceptance of which will be detailed below).
- Minimum passing grade is E
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
- Bachelor's degree when awarded from public universities and CHE recognised programmes from private universities.
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement. If you do not meet our minimum requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our pre-master’s courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Bachelor degree equivalency|
|2:1 (for direct entry)||2:1 (60-69%)|
|2:2 (for direct entry)||2:2 (50-59%)|
|Pass grade (for a pre-master’s course)||3rd Class (40-49%)|
Minimum English language requirements
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 - 7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Grade C in O Level English Language of KCSE
- Pre-sessional University English
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.