Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Nepal
- An overall average from the School Leaving Certificate Examination (Grade XI & XII) (2018 onward) or Higher Secondary Education Board Examination (up to and including 2017)
Equivalencies for our foundation programmes
|A-level requirement||School Leaving Certificate Examination (Grade XI & XII) or Higher Secondary Education Board Examination equivalency|
|ABB||75% or 3.4 GPA|
|BBB||75% or 3.4 GPA|
|BBC||70% or 3.2 GPA|
|BCC||70% or 3.2 GPA|
|CCC||70% or 3.2 GPA|
|CCD||65% or 3.0 GPA|
|EE||55% or 2.6 GPA|
- GCSE grade B / grade 5 equivalent: 40% / GPA 2.0 in either of the above exams is equivalent to a GCSE C pass but consider this in light of the averages required above
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 equivalent: 40% / GPA 2.0 in either of the above exams is equivalent to a GCSE C pass but consider this in light of the averages required above
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement. If you do not meet our minimum requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our pre-master’s courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Equivalent grading|
|2.1 (for direct entry)||65%|
|2.2 (for direct entry)||60%|
|Pass guide (for a pre-master's course)||40%|
Minimum English language requirements
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 - 7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Pre-sessional University English
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.