Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Oman
- دبلوم التعليم العام (General Education Diploma) PLUS a recognised foundation course.
Equivalencies for our foundation programmes
|Programme||A-level requirement||دبلوم التعليم العام (General Education Diploma)|
|Integrated 4-year foundation programmes||CCD||Pass with 80% overall|
|International Foundation Diploma||EE||Pass with 70% overall|
- For standard requirements, GCSE equivalents will be met by passing relevant subjects in school leaving qualification (except English language, acceptance of which will be detailed below).
- Minimum passing grade is 3
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
- البكالوريوس Bachelor degree
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement. If you do not meet our minimum requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our pre-master’s courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||البكالوريوس Bachelor degree equivalency|
|2:1 (for direct entry)||GPA 3.2|
|2:2 (for direct entry)||GPA 2.7|
|Pass grade (for a pre-master’s course)||GPA 2.0|
Minimum English language requirements
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 - 7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Pre-sessional University English
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.