Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for South Africa
- National Senior Certificate
|A-level requirement||National Senior Certificate|
|AAA||77776 from 5 subjects|
|AAB||77766 from 5 subjects|
|ABB||77666 from 5 subjects|
|BBB||76666 from 5 subjects|
|BBC||66666 from 5 subjects|
|BCC||66665 from 5 subjects|
|CCC||66655 from 5 subjects|
|CCD||Grade 5 average (60%) from 5 subjects|
|EE||Grade 4 average (50%) from 5 subjects|
Notes: School leaving qualifications are not considered equivalent to GCE A-levels. However, students taking the above qualifications may be considered according to the guidance given.
- GCSE grade B / grade 5 equivalent: 5 (60%) from subject in National Senior Certificate
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 equivalent: 5 (60%) from subject in National Senior Certificate
- Minimum passing grade is 3 (40%)
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
Bachelor Honours degree (also known as: Baccalaureus Honores/Baccalaureus Cum Honoribus)
- Professional Bachelor degree (eg: Bachelor of Engineering)
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement. If you do not meet our minimum requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our pre-master’s courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Equivalent grading|
|2.1 (for direct entry)||70%|
|2.2 (for direct entry)||60%|
|Pass guide (for a pre-master's course)||50%|
Minimum English language requirements
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 - 7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Pre-sessional University English
- National Senior Certificate with 5 or above in English Language
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.