Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Taiwan
- 高級中學畢業證書 (Senior High School Leaving Certificate) PLUS a recognised foundation course.
Equivalencies for our foundation programme:
|Programme||A-level requirement||高級中學畢業證書 equivalency|
|Integrated 4-year foundation programmes||CCD||70% average|
|International Foundation Diploma||EE||60% average|
- GCSE grade B / grade 5 equivalent: 70% in 高級中學畢業證書 (Senior High School Leaving Certificate
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 equivalent: 60% in 高級中學畢業證書 (Senior High School Leaving Certificate
- UK BTEC Level 3 Equivalent: 高職學校畢業證書 (Senior Vocational High School Leaving Certificate)
- Minimum passing grade is 50%
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
- 學士學位 (Bachelor degree)
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement. If you do not meet our minimum requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our pre-master’s courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Equivalent grading|
|2:1 (for direct entry)||75% / GPA 3.0|
|2:2 (for direct entry)||70% / GPA 2.7|
|Pass grade (for a pre-master’s course)||50%|
Minimum English language requirements
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 - 7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Pre-sessional University English
- Grade 14 in English Language in Certificado de fim de Estudos Secundários/Diploma de Ensino Secundário
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.