Your application will be reviewed by the Global Exchanges and Study Abroad Team for completeness and to confirm that you meet the University's entry requirements. Where appropriate, we will also liaise with your home university.
“Besides studying, I had time to join different amazing trips for international students or explore the city with my new international friends from my course. I would recommend Exchanges and especially at Oxford Brookes to everyone, since it helps you to really advance professionally and personally. Many thanks for the great time and perfect organisation.”
Stefan, Exchange student from Germany
Visas and Confirmation of Acceptance for studies (CAS)
If you do not have immigration permission that allows you to study in the UK, you will need to obtain this before you start your study.
- If you will be studying for 1 semester, you will need to apply for a visit visa before you travel or enter the UK as a visitor. Information about this can be found on our Studying for less than six months web page.
However if you need to work as part of your course (eg a nursing placement), you will need a Student visa even if your work is voluntary or unpaid. For more information about this see our applying for a student visa web page.
- If you are staying for 2 semesters, you will automatically be issued a confirmation of acceptance to study (CAS) number and which you need to apply you to apply for a Student Visa.
Please see our guide to applying for a visa for more details. If you are applying for a Student visa you will need to make sure that you meet the UK Border Agency's English language requirements for visas.
Before you arrive
We understand that coming to live and study in the UK may be a new experience for you, so we do all we can to help you settle in.
You will be sent information about travelling to Oxford and where to go when you arrive at Oxford Brookes. There is also plenty of information on our website.
You will be invited to attend our welcome meeting in Week 0 where you will receive further information about studying at Oxford Brookes. The details of the meeting will be included in your acceptance letter.
Enrolment and induction
All students will need to complete online enrolment via our student record system prior to arriving at Oxford Brookes. You will be sent your student number and password, which will allow you to do. Further information concerning induction and orientation activities will be included in your offer letter.
Starting at Brookes
- Do you want to have the opportunity to meet local students and many other international students? Join Global Buddies!
- Find out more about events and trips organised by the university!
- Find out more about Student Services available at Brookes
- Learn about the Student Union and find Societies that may interest you (they organise many different events)