Oxford Brookes University has over 150 years of history. We started out as a small School of Art in borrowed teaching rooms and have grown into one of the UK's top modern universities with a local, national and international reputation for teaching and research excellence.
But we continue to push ourselves - here's how:
1. Oxford Brookes is thinking globally, growing our international footprint and furthering our already world-leading research.
2. Significant investment in our estate has already resulted in multi award-winning facilities and this investment carries on with a £220 million investment over the next 10 years.
3. We are also continuing to drive teaching excellence. Our high student satisfaction with teaching quality is a result of exceptional academics who are talented, supported in their career development and creative in their delivery. This provides our engaged students with a stimulating learning experience, including opportunities to develop skills both inside and outside their studies, with co-curricular projects to fuel their enthusiasm and hone their abilities.
4. The character of our University is evident in our graduates who use the connections and experiences they gain during their time with us to achieve career success, and also make a difference to the world.
5. Our many achievements are also down to our fantastic and dedicated staff, all 2,800 of them. Together with our students, alumni, partners and local supporters we are a close community, and this is vital to our ongoing success.
6. We are proud of our home in Oxford, one of the UK’s most vibrant cities, and one to which we make a significant economic, social and cultural contribution.