Active Restart - Oxford Brookes staff can use Brookes Sport facilities for free in January
Brookes Sport are welcoming all Oxford Brookes University staff members to use the Brookes Sport facilities for free in January to kickstart 2024 in a positive, active way.
This includes access to the gyms and fitness classes at Headington and Harcourt Hill, and the swimming pool, sauna, and steam facilities at the Harcourt Hill centre. This is equivalent to our Fitness Membership level.
To claim the membership, staff members can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Brookes Sport membership webpage and choose the link “Join Now - Fitness | Swim”
- Choose either “Harcourt Hill” or “Headington” - it doesn’t matter which as the Active Restart membership grants access to both sites
- Provide your basic details, including your staff email address
- Then select “Pay As You Go” and complete the remaining steps of the form
- Once you’ve completed the sign-up process, you will recieve a 7-digit Brookes Sport Member ID
- Email this Member ID to firstname.lastname@example.org from your staff email address and explain that you are signing up for the Active Restart membership
- Staff cards can then be activated on your first visit in January
The Active Restart membership can be claimed and will remain active, up to and including 31 January 2024.
For staff members who are current Brookes Sport members, you can also claim your free month! To do so, please email email@example.com with your Brookes Sport Member ID by 15 January 2024 and we will not charge you for January or February, depending on the date of the email.
Following your complimentary month, we hope that you will see the benefits of physical activity and from February we are introducing Staff Gym Hoppers at a heavily discounted rate. The Staff Gym Hopper will be £60 and this will give you 12 gym sessions - that’s £5 per session! You will be able to purchase these via our website or from reception from February.
In addition to this, throughout the whole year, all Oxford Brookes Staff and Students can enjoy free access to our gym facilities on Wednesdays as part of our Wellness Wednesday initiative. Find out more about Wellness Wednesday.
Finally, from Thursday 11th January we are launching a free, Brookes Active Swim Session on Thursday mornings 09:15 - 10:15. This free swim session welcomes Oxford Brookes students and staff swimmers of all abilities. Find out more about the Brookes Active Swim Sessions.
We look forward to welcoming new faces soon. If you have any questions or would like to tour our facilities, please come to one of our centres and speak to a member of our friendly team.