Dr Ahmad Abd Rabuh
FHEA, PhD, MBA, BSc
Lecturer in Business Analytics
Oxford Brookes Business School
I work within the Analytics, Infomation Systems and Operations (AISO) group at the Business School teaching Under-/Post-graduate topics related to financial technologies and digital transformation. Also, I supervise Under-/Post-graduate students' dissertations. I am an active member at the Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis Network (AIDAN). Also, I am a fellow at the Oxford Regions, Innovation and Enterprise Lab (ORIEL). I have contributed to the validation of the new MSc in Management and Business Analytics programme in light of our innovate IDEAS framework that is consistent with my school's daily mission of "inspiring minds with insight and ambition
Teaching and supervision
- Accounting and Finance (BSc (Hons))
- Business and Finance (BSc (Hons))
- Oxford Brookes MBA (MBA)
- Business and Marketing Management (BA (Hons))
- Management and Business Analytics (MSc)
- Information Technology for Business (BSc (Hons))
- The Practice of Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence & Decision Making
- Managing the Digital Business
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Analytics for Hospitality and Tourism
- Contemporary Issues in Finance
- Accounting and Financial Information
- Business Intelligence
- Business Analytics
- Strategic Business Leader
- Business Analytics for Decision Makers
Supervision of Dissertations and independent studies for level 5, 6 & 7 students.
- How have digital transformation and innovation strategies of financial institutions been impacted by the emergence of Fintech firms? A case study on Retail Banking
- An evaluation of sustainable finance measures used by managers of ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) labelled UK authorised funds and how these achieve alignment with the evolving priorities of investors.
- Can Organisational Design Improve a Defence Company's Digital Maturity?
My two main interests are:
- The ways big data analytics (through APIs, Open banking, Open finance, AI/ML, network analysis, DLT, NFTs and many other technologies) have shaped the new FinTech and InsureTech worlds; and,
- How can data science improve services in public, SME and private sectors (e.g. urban planning, financial inclusion, healthcare systems, etc.). I am interested in the debate around open data and the necessity to unlock platform barriers to empower financial and other services.
I was part of a team that worked on analysing pollutant emissions to discover traffic bottlenecks in the streets of the city of Bristol. Also, I developed a deep learning model that operates a paramteric insurance product. The product will identify hazardous weather events that can affect agricultural products as part of a knowledge transfer partnership project to help farms in developing countries (pilot was done in Columbia) to insure crops against hazardous events. Currently, I am working on improving a CRM software that serves SMEs to improve their analytics and machine learning functionality.
Centres and institutes
Memberships of professional bodies
- Association of Information Systems (AIS) Network
- UK FinTech Academics Network (UK FAN)
- European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS) 2018
- Enhancing services by adding an analytics layer to ProspectSoft CRM.
Ex-banker, Digital Banking and FinTech enthusiast.