Payroll, Income Tax and National Insurance

Income Tax

Payroll will use your P45 to determine your tax code and your tax deductions. If you do not have a P45, you should contact Payroll.     

If you have a query relating to your tax code or amount of tax deducted, please contact the Payroll Team in the first instance.

National Insurance number

The University must have a National Insurance number for you to ensure the appropriate deductions from your pay are recorded to ensure your entitlement towards state benefits are correctly assessed.

If you do not have a National Insurance number, you will need to apply for a National Insurance number.