[The criteria should form sub-headings in your annotated CV under which you provide evidence which demonstrates how you meet that criteria.]
- Excellent teaching at undergraduate or postgraduate level, which is leading edge and relevant to contemporary contexts.
- Substantial contribution to successful innovation in teaching and learning.
- Significant contribution to the enhancement of the higher education student experience beyond their immediate subject area, across the University, or in the wider higher education sector.
- Published scholarship/research in aspects of higher education teaching and learning and the student experience.
- Active and inspiring participation in activities for enhancing the student experience, which develops others.
- A clear and sustainable programme of teaching development and your related own professional development for the next three to five years.
- Candidates are expected to enable the development of teaching practice and scholarship of others at Oxford Brookes by engaging with the EXPLORE CPD framework and the work of the Brookes’ teaching and learning community.
- Successful completion of a Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
In determining whether the above criteria are met, the panel will look for evidence of the impact of your contribution, which could include:
Key Criteria 1: Reputation as an excellent teacher e.g. Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Brookes Teaching Fellowship Excellence and Innovation Award, Student Led Teaching Award, advising for other universities, external examining, external validation panel member, invited workshops/course, consultancy, guest speaker invitations, organisation of conferences, seminars and workshops on topics related to the student experience, contribution to policy, procedures or practice for sector bodies or university committees.
Key Criteria 2: Evidence of innovative teaching and learning practices e.g. integration of technology enhanced learning, successful activities which involve students as partners in their learning, contribution to student support. Evaluations of the impact of innovations e.g. analysis of student attainment, analysis of student feedback, external examiner feedback, peer observation, evaluation reports, programme and faculty annual reviewers, action research.
Key Criteria 3: A significant contribution to the learning and assessment process e.g. curriculum development, embedding inclusive practices, programme redesign to improve assessment practices or develop employability, and assessment and evaluations of this contribution. Scholarship as demonstrated by dissemination of small scale practitioner research and case studies of practice, engaging in a community of scholarly teachers, leading innovations and enhancements which are informed by relevant literature, research inspired teaching or involving students in undergraduate research, and its impact on departmental, disciplinary or institutional practices.
Key Criteria 4: Pedagogic scholarship/research, as demonstrated by publications and citations, editorial board membership, journal reviewing, conference presentations and key-note invitations. Success in securing funding for teaching and learning developments/innovations or pedagogic research.
Key Criteria 5: Mentoring and supporting less experienced staff in the development of their teaching and learning practice e.g. running staff development workshops, developing and using coaching skills, supporting Associate Lecturers or colleagues in ACPs, running writing groups. Introducing procedures which support less experienced staff e.g. assessment calibrations, peer observation.
Key Criteria 6: A teaching and learning development plan (which relates to your own professional development) for the next three years which outlines your intended contribution to the enhancement of the student experience.
Key Criteria 7: Details and evidence of engagement with the EXPLORE CPD framework and the work of the Brookes teaching and learning community.
Key Criteria 8: Details of qualifications attained and evidence of completion and award of Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.