Employing students on Student visas

Previously known as 'Tier 4 visas'

A Student visa is a visa that non-EEA nationals can apply for in order to study in the UK. It usually also allows them to work but with restrictions which both the individual and you as a manager must comply with.

NB. Any new EEA national wanting to study at the University after 31 December 2020 will need a Student visa or a Settled/Pre-Settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme. The Settled/Pre-Settled status confirms that an individual is able to remain, work (with no restrictions) and study in the UK and claim the same benefits as UK citizens permanently or for a maximum of five years depending on the type of their status. Irish citizens do not need to apply to the scheme.