• Visas and immigration plane on globe
  • Visa and immigration advice

    Immigration advice in the UK is regulated and the International Student Advice Team (ISAT) are the University's designated immigration advisers.

    If you have any questions about immigration or your visa, you should always contact us as it is our job to keep up to date with all the latest changes that can affect your studies.

    If you receive a call from someone saying they are from the Home Office or the UKVI, it may be a scam.

    Do I need a visa?

    If your nationality is not British (or you are not from the United Kingdom), you will need a visa to come to the UK and study a course. You can check whether you need a visa. Most students will need to apply for:

    a Student visa

    a Visitor visa if your course is less than 6 months

    the EU Settlement Scheme if you are an EU/EEA or Swiss national and were living in the UK before 31 December 2020.

    If you already have a visa, we will need to check that you are allowed to study on it. After you have accepted your unconditional offer to study at Oxford Brookes, our International Student Compliance Team will ask you to fill in a Visa Information Form and send us a copy of your visa.

  • Contact us

      International Student Advice Team

    Email: isat@brookes.ac.uk

    Zoom room (online): Speak to an adviser face-to-face online by entering the waiting room on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 13.00 - 15.00 UK time, and Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11.00 - 13.00 UK time.

    Face-to-face appointments (in-person on campus): You can only book on the day of the appointment from 10.00 UK time by going to the link. Appointments are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 13.00 - 16.00.

    Social media:   @isat.brookes  @brookes_isatsocial

    Contact & opening hours »