Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Hong Kong
|A-level requirement||HKDSE grades (exclusions above apply)|
|EE||332 (or Pass Form 5 of HKDSE with 444)|
HKDSE Mathematics Compulsory equivalency to GCSE:
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 equivalent: grade 2 from HKDSE
For courses that require A Level maths (for example Engineering, Maths, etc), you must have taken and scored 4 on the ‘extended maths’ module.
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Equivalent grading|
|2:1 (for direct entry)||Second class Honours, upper division, GPA 2.7|
|2:2 (for direct entry)||Second class Honours, lower division, GPA 2.4|
|Pass grade (for a pre-master’s course)||Pass, GPA 1.7|
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0-7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- HKDSE English 4 overall (4 in reading and writing, 3 in speaking and listening)
- Pre-sessional University English
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.
Entry into the first year
We recognise a range of qualifications from Hong Kong including:
- City University of Hong Kong, School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE) Diploma in International Degree Foundation for entry onto undergraduate degrees in Business, Social Sciences, Law, Education, Arts and Humanities, the Built Environment and some courses in Technology.
Second or final year entry
We recognise qualifications from a number of prestigious institutions in Hong Kong, so you can enter the second or final year of the following courses:
- Architecture Year 2 entry - HKU SPACE Higher Diploma in Architectural Studies
- Early Childhood Studies Year 3 entry - Yew Chung Community College Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Film Studies Year 2 entry - Hong Kong Baptist University, College of International Education (CIE) Associate Degree in Film, Television and Digital Media Studies and Associate Degree in Creative Media Design
- Fine Art Year 2 entry - Hong Kong Design Institute (HKDI) Higher Diploma in Visual Arts and Culture
- Interior Architecture Year 2 entry - HKU SPACE Higher Diploma in Architectural Studies
- Creative Music Production Year 3 entry – Hong Kong Design Institute (HKDI) Higher Diploma in Digital Music and Media
- Nutrition Year 3 entry - HKU SPACE Higher Diploma in Nutrition and Food Management
- Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management Year 2 entry - HKIVE Higher Diploma in Surveying and City University of Hong Kong Associate of Science in Surveying
In the past we have also made offers to students in the following courses:
- Real Estate management Year 2 entry - HKIVE Higher Diploma in Real Estate Management
- Planning and Property Development Year 2 entry - HKU SPACE Higher Diploma in Real Estate Management
- International Hospitality Management Final Year entry - HKIVE Higher Diploma in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Event Management Year 3 entry - Hong Kong Community College of HKPU Higher Diploma in Event Management