Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Malaysia
STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia)
- UEC (Unified Examination Certificate)
- SPM Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (Malaysia Certificate of Education) is GCSE equivalent but may be considered for Foundation courses subject to grades.
|A-level requirement||STPM grade||Matrikulasi GPA||UEC and SPMt|
|BBB||BBB||3.0||Six grades at B3 or better at UEC|
|BBC||BBC||2.67||Four grades at B3 and two grades at B6 or better at UEC|
|BCC||BCC||2.67||Two grades at B3 and four grades at B6 or better at UEC|
|CCD||CCD||As and Bs from SPM will be considered for integrated 4 year programmes|
|EE||Grade C average from SPM will be considered for International Foundation Diploma|
- GCSE grade B / grade 5 equivalent: SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) grade B4
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 equivalent: SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) grade C6
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement.
Degree programmes from private higher education providers must be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and registered within the Malaysian Qualifications Register.
If you do not meet our minimum requirements you may still be able to apply for one of our pre-master’s courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Equivalent grading|
|2:1 (for direct entry)||Class 2:i, GPA 3.3 (B+ or 70%)|
|2:2 (for direct entry)||Class 2:ii, GPA 2.67 (B- or 60%)|
|Pass grade (for a pre-master’s course)||Class 3, GPA 2.0 (50%)|
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0-7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Pass SPM1119A English with C6
- Pre-sessional University English
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills
Equivalent academic qualifications can be accepted and we are happy to consider applicants on a case by case basis. Please contact our admissions team if you wish to discuss your specific qualifications.