Academic entry requirements will vary between courses. Please check the individual course page and use the equivalency tables below to work out the specific requirements for your course.
Entry requirements for Nigeria
Qualifications equivalent to UK A-levels:
- WAEC West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE)/NECO Senior School Certificate (SSC) PLUS a recognised foundation course.
If you do not meet our minimum undergraduate requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our foundation courses.
|Programme||A-level requirement||WASSCE/SSC equivalency|
|Integrated 4-year foundation programmes||CCD||Five B grades|
|International Foundation Diploma||EE||Five C grades|
- GCSE grade B / grade 5 equivalent: WAEC West African Senior School Certificate/NECO Senior School Certificate grade B3
- GCSE grade C / grade 4 equivalent: WAEC West African Senior School Certificate/NECO Senior School Certificate grade C6
Please check the individual course listing for the bachelor degree requirement and use the equivalency table below to work out your specific requirement. If you do not meet our minimum requirements, you may still be able to apply for one of our pre-master’s courses.
|Bachelor degree requirement||Equivalent grading|
|2:1 (for direct entry)||2nd class (upper division), 60%, GPA 3.50|
|2:2 (for direct entry)||2nd class (lower division), 50%, GPA 2.40|
|Pass grade (for a pre-master’s course)||3rd class (pass), 40%, GPA 1.50|
Minimum English language requirements
One of the following:
- IELTS 6.0-7.0, with 6.0 in reading and writing, and 5.5 in listening and speaking
- Pre-sessional University English
- We may be able to accept alternative qualifications as evidence of your English language skills