The Board of Governors is responsible for determining the overall mission and setting the educational character of the University. It approved the University's eight key objectives, the academic plan, and core strategies. The Board is also responsible for monitoring the performance of the University. The University's accounts indicate that Oxford Brookes' financial performance is strong. The accounts also contain a comprehensive report on activities undertaken during the year.
The Board of Governors consists of 15 members. The Chair and 10 others are independent of the University, while the Vice-Chancellor, 2 selected staff members and the President of Brookes' Union take the other seats.
- William Donger (Co-opted member of the Finance and Resources Committee)
- Andrew Garwood-Watkins (Co-opted member of the Finance and Resources Committee
- Mike McEnaney (Co-opted member of the Audit and Risk Committee)
- Katherine Ryan (Co-opted member of the Board)
- Mariama Sheriff (Teaching Staff Governor)
- Maritza Miranda Pachon (Non-Teaching Staff Governor)
- Jacob Callicott (President of Brookes Union)