The Undergraduate Modular Programme (UMP) Regulations contain the assessment and progression rules, and credit requirements, that apply to programmes leading to the following awards:
- BA, BSc, BEng, LLB, BMedSci, BOst, Graduate Diploma
- MEng, MPlan, MMath, MSci and MBiol
- DipHE, CertHE, Foundation Diploma
The UMP Regulations apply to students who started their programmes in 2019/20 or before, and for students entering with credit (directly into level 5 or 6 of an UMP programme) in 2020/21. Students commencing study towards one of the qualifications listed above - at level 4 or on a foundation year - in 2020/21 should refer to the main Regulations for Study for details of the assessment and progression rules that apply to their award.
Other than the assessment and progression rules, the main Regulations for Study set out a range of principles which also apply to those studying under the UMP Regulations in 2020/21. They include regulations on exceptional circumstances, appeals, conduct and complaints, with links to the relevant procedures; and the grading schemes used on undergraduate programmes, so please do familiarise yourself with the information on all these pages.
2. Certificate in University English
4. Certificate of Higher Education
5. Diplomas of Higher Education
12. Oral Distinction in Languages
13. Medical and other evidence